FREE ZONE COMPANY SETUP
Advantages of Setting up in a Free Zone
The main advantage offered by the UAE free zones is that foreign investors can retain 100% ownership of their businesses without a local partner.
Some business categories require prior approvals from certain authorities.
Other financial incentives of the UAE free zones include a 0% corporate and income tax rate, no customs duties levied on imports and exports, and the option to repatriate 100% of the profits from the business.
Also, many of the UAE free zones are sector-specific. This gives its entrepreneurs ready access to a hub of knowledge and expertise from others within their field.
How to setup a free zone company?
Types of Freezone companies
Free Zone Establishment (FZE) – Single Shareholder
Free Zone Company (FZC) – Two or more Shareholders
Branch Company – Branch of a local company or foreig
Due to the continuous support and benefits offered by the UAE Government as well as the Free Zone Authorities, setting up a company within a free zone is a lucrative
opportunity that investors would never miss. Here are some of the key steps that can help you set up a company in a free zone.
1. Select the company structure
For investors who wish to establish their business setup in a free zone, can do so by registering the company in the form of a Free Zone Establishment (FZE) or a Free Zone Company (FZC). The primary difference between these two structures is that an FZE has one shareholder, whereas an FZC has two or more shareholders present.
2. Select a trade name
The name must be followed with the legal form of the entity (LLC, FZE, FZC, etc.).
The name should not violate public morals or the public order of the country.
The name should not use the names of any governing authority, the names of the emirates, the UAE, or the names of any religion.
3. Application for a business license
4. Select an office space
Major Free Zones in the UAE
Abu Dhabi Free Zones
• Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone (ADAFZ)
• Masdar City Free Zone.
• Twofour54 Abu Dhabi (Media Free Zone Authority)
• Khalifa Industrial Zone Abu Dhabi (KIZAD)
• Industrial City of Abu Dhabi (ICAD)
Dubai Free Zones
• Dubai Airport Free Zone (Dubai Airport Free Zone Authority)
• Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC)
• Dubai Healthcare City – (Dubai Healthcare City Authority)
• Dubai Maritime City – (Dubai Maritime City Authority)
Sharjah Free Zones
• Sharjah Media City (SHAMS)
• Saif Zone
• Sharjah Research and Technology Park (SRTI)
• Sharjah Publishing City
• Sharjah Healthcare City
Ajman Free Zones
• Ajman Free Zone (AFZA)
• Ajman Media City Freezone